Latest posts by admin (see all)
- Wart Cream: Which One to Choose? - October 14, 2019
- Wart Freeze: How Does the Cryodestruction Take Place? - October 11, 2019
- How to Use Salicylic Acid for Warts Removal? - October 8, 2019
A wart is a benign formation that results from the proliferation of epidermal cells. The human papilloma virus (HPV) provokes this phenomenon. To get this infection is very easy – when using common household items, as well as through communication and close contact with the infected person. The peculiarity of this virus is that it can be in hibernation in the human body for many years and does not manifest itself in any way. That’s why many people do not even suspect that they are carriers of HPV and lead their habitual way of life. The virus can wake up because of various factors, among which there are such as bad habits, hypothermia, viral and chronic diseases, hormonal disorders in the body, etc.
- Duct Tape for Warts: Is It 100% Safe to Use This Method?
- How Can Duct Tape Help to Get Rid of Warts?
- How to Use a Sticky Tape from Warts?
- Duct Tape for Warts: Advantages and Disadvantages
- Contraindications to the Use of the Duct Tape for Warts
You may often hear the recommendations to buy a duct tape to remove warts. Is it worth using this method? The point is that the use of this remedy helps to eliminate only the upper part of the formation, which rises above the surface of the skin. But to remove its root, which can go deep into the epidermis, the adhesive tape, unfortunately, cannot.
As a result, after the wart disappears, a new one is formed in its place after a while. In addition, the use of a duct tape can damage the tissues of the papilloma and spread the virus to healthy areas of the body. And this, in turn, is fraught with the formation of new growths and the growth of old ones. Therefore, if you decide to use a sticky tape from the wart, then you should consider all the “pros” and “minuses” of this method. After all, if some rules are not followed, you can seriously damage your health.
Do not forget that warts are not always safe for health. In some cases, they can degenerate into malignant tumors. And if they are permanently removed without knowing the nature of the origin of these formations, they will grow very quickly and start metastases. Therefore, before deciding on the use of a duct tape, you should first consult with your doctor, take all the necessary tests and make sure that the papilloma is benign.
There is a special medical tape for the removal of warts, which is a patch impregnated with a special substance – salicylic acid. Its active components contribute to the gradual destruction of pathological cells. In other words, they simply corrode the wart. As a result, the wart begins to decrease in size and after a while it disappears altogether. But you should understand that the adhesive tape from the papillomas can only eliminate the cosmetic defect of the skin as a result of infection of the body with HPV.
However, it cannot destroy the virus itself. This requires taking antiviral and immunostimulating drugs for several weeks. And to start taking them, you need to seek help from a doctor, since these drugs are prescribed individually, depending on the patient’s age and having other health problems.
A duct tape for removing warts is very easy to apply. Follow the instructions below and you will achieve the desired result. The tape is produced in various forms – it can be the prepared by the size of strips, and whole sheets for slicing.
The sequence of actions when using it is the following:
- The area with the affected area of the body is first steam-heated above the hot water tank (to achieve the best effect, it is recommended to use decoctions from a dry blend of chamomile and chamomile flowers).
- After steaming, the wart is wiped dry with a paper towel or a cloth with a soft fiber structure.
- After measuring the diameter of the papilloma, the plaster is manually cut to the appropriate volume and shape (the sticky surface impregnated with the drug substance should not fall on healthy skin areas);
- In order to firmly fix the prepared “patch” on the growth it is additionally glued over the usual band-aid or bandaged with a sterile bandage.
The procedure is repeated every 10-12 hours, replacing the materials with new ones. It should be borne in mind that soon the wart will start to be modified and transformed into a smaller sized scab that cannot be removed forcibly. The resulting crust will subside itself after 2-3 weeks of treatment, revealing a young skin of light pink color underneath. If you have any hints of inflammation or swelling, you should urgently consult a dermatologist.
A low price and the factor of accessibility of the tape competitively allocates it on the background of hardware procedures for the removal of warts, through which it is possible to achieve similar results. Among the other merits, patients note such as:
- absence of pain and discomfort in the process of treatment;
- high efficiency in getting rid of chronic plantar warts;
- the possibility of using on the feet of hyperactive children with high mobility (from 7 years);
- simplicity of use – it is not difficult to glue even a strongly convex outgrowth without resorting to the help of unauthorized persons;
- minimal chance of scarring.
Disadvantages of this method of treatment are due to the length of the course and the need for regular replacement of materials. A specialist in a cosmetology clinic will perform the wart removal with electrocoagulation or liquid nitrogen freezing in just 5-10 minutes, but the rehabilitation period will take much longer. You should also try natural homemade remedies whis can be more useful.
Complicating the use of a tape with the removal of seals in children is more difficult – one should not be allowed to rip off or scratch the growths, which in practice is difficult to control. If the scab is damaged, it is quite easy to infect the wound, and also to influence by its actions the appearance of the scar after complete healing.
The price of this method will make you pleasantly surprised as it is affordable to everyone. The high popularity of this tool is due to its effectiveness, which proved in practice that it is possible to achieve the set goals by following all precautions and following the instructions carefully. But, despite the wide list of advantages of such a patch, one cannot neglect contraindications, among which are the following
- An individual intolerance to any of the ingredients of the tape;
- Symptoms of impaired renal function;
- The period of breastfeeding a child or pregnancy;
- It is not recommended for the treatment of warts in children under 7 years to avoid intoxication of the body;
- The use of a plaster is forbidden to be used by persons who have suspicions of malignant tumors;
- It is forbidden to use a patch in areas with existing wounds and other skin lesions.
Because of the high toxicity of salicylates, cerebral edema and liver (Ray’s syndrome) can occur, which occurs mainly in children during antiviral therapy. The combined use of zinc, resorcinol and salicylic acid significantly enhances the side effects of hypoglycemic drugs and is therefore unacceptable.
Important: With the help of the duct tape, you can quickly get rid of warts on the body. But do not forget that this effect will not be long. If you do not take antiviral and immunostimulating drugs, then new growths on the body will appear again.