Latest posts by admin (see all)
- Wart Cream: Which One to Choose? - October 14, 2019
- Wart Freeze: How Does the Cryodestruction Take Place? - October 11, 2019
- How to Use Salicylic Acid for Warts Removal? - October 8, 2019
If you have plantar warts, you should be interested in the causes of their appearance. To deal with the problem effectively, it is necessary to have a clear understanding of what it is and what has caused the problem. Would you like to fight plantar warts successfully? Then, first of all, you need to analyze which factors have contributed to the formation of such an unpleasant skin problem like a plantar wart. Check how and why plantar warts appear to know how to get rid of them effectively.
Warts on the foot is a fairly common disease. They can appear both in adults and children. Many are concerned about the question: how to cure plantar warts? First, you need to find the answer to the question “What causes plantar warts?” and then you will get the answer to the question you had before.
- Why Do You Have Plantar Warts: All Possible Causes
- Most Common Causes of Plantar Warts in Kids
- Why Should You Wear Comfortable Shoes?
- How Can You Avoid Plantar Warts?
In medicine, warts that form on the feet of the feet are considered skin lesions that are benign in nature. Moreover, this disease has a viral origin. Of all the formations localized on the foot, the third part of the warts is plantar warts. In order to properly diagnose and differentiate papillomas, condylomas and other growths, as well as to exclude the malignant nature of tumors, you need to contact a specialist – a dermatologist.
Plantar warts appear as a result of a weakened immunity. Thus, the body responds to the appearance and reproduction of papillomavirus (HPV), which today has more than 100 varieties. For each type of virus, for convenience, specialists have assigned serial numbers. The cause of the appearance of plantar warts is 1,2,3, and 4 types of HPV.
How does this virus infection occur? HPV penetrates into the body as a result of the contact of people with each other, the so-called contact-household path. Statistics indicate that most of the population is infected with various types of papillomavirus. The causative agent of the disease through infected skin cells is transmitted from sick people to healthy ones through the use of other people’s things, personal hygiene items.
An important role in this process is played by the external environment: humidity, heat in saunas, gyms, baths, and pools contributes to the development of pathology. However, it is impossible to become infected on the beach, because the virus dies under the influence of the sun’s rays.
The growth of warts is activated with a decrease in immunity. The growth of warts and papillomas does not always occur during infection. If a person has a strong immunity, then the virus, when released into such an organism, becomes latent and cannot cause harm. However, with failures, weakening of the body’s defensive reaction (with poor nutrition, overload, overwork, severe stress, serious infectious diseases, food poisoning), the virus is activated and causes various formations on the skin.
The provoking factors for the formation of warts on the foot are:
- Damage to the feet, skin on the legs;
- Wearing uncomfortable shoes that create pressure and friction on the skin;
- Disorders of tissue trophism (diabetes, atherosclerosis, varicose veins in the lower extremities);
- Ailments of deformity of the foot (osteoarthritis, flatfoot, arthritis of the foot joint);
- Increased sweating or dry skin of the legs.
Warts on the baby’s foot can even appear in the womb and during labor. Most children become infected through contact with toys, other people’s hygiene products in kindergarten, school, swimming pool or other public places. For a child, painful methods of dealing with plantar warts are contraindicated. Usually the child’s body copes with this virus on its own.
The cause of plantar warts is usually uncomfortable and tight shoes that cause friction. Plantar warts occur precisely on those areas of the foot that are subjected to constant load, that is, at its reference points. Basically, the pads of the fingers and feet are affected, and a wart may also appear on the heel. Constant indentation of the growth leads to germination of it deep into the foot, until the formation of callus. Particularly serious problems arise in people with excess weight and foot deformities. You are recommended not to save on shoes and choose only those that are made of the natural materials. This is how you will avoid the excess sweating of your feet and as you know this is one of the predisposing factor to plantar warts. So you need to give preference to shoes, which allow feet breath.
Check the simple methods for the prevention of the appearance of plantar warts:
- The primary prevention of the onset of plantar warts is to prevent infection with HPV.
- Particular attention should also be paid to the mandatory wearing of individual shoes in public showers, pools and baths.
- Equally important, especially for people with foot problems, is proper foot skin care: regular pedicure, foot peeling and their treatment with softening agents.
- Patients with deformities of the feet should use orthopedic insoles, orthoses, and discharge correctors.
- In case of excessive sweating of the feet, it is important to select shoes from natural materials and use drying agents.
- With dryness and cracks on the skin of the soles, nourishing and moisturizing creams should be used, as well as medical baths for the feet.
- Secondary prophylaxis of plantar wart is to assign antiviral drugs and immunocorrectors to the patient along with the removal of the wart.
If you follow the above-mentioned tips on the plantar warts prevention, you will not suffer from this unpleasant health problem that causes a lot of discomfort. If you try to follow the rules, the risk of warts will be minimized. The prognosis for this disease is determined by the time of seeking help, which affects the quality of the treatment. However, your immunity also affects the course of the disease.
It is up to you to decide how to remove the plantar wart. After all, at present there is a huge choice of methods for this, both conservative with the use of drugs and operational methods. Consult the specialist which one you’d better to give preference to taking into account the cause of plantar warts appearance in your individual case.